If you’re planning on selling your home soon, it’s time to start thinking about landscaping upgrades that will pay off in the long run.
Most homeowners spend an average of $1,700 to $3,100 per landscaping project, but the good news is they usually recoup those costs when they sell their home. If you’re getting ready to sell, consider the following landscaping updates that will put more cash in your pocket.
Does Landscaping Increase Your Home’s Value?
Potential homebuyers always appreciate a good-looking yard, and most of them are willing to pay more for it. A well-manicured exterior has a significant price advantage over a home with no landscaping.
Experts say this advantage ranges from 5.5 percent to 12.7 percent, depending on the home’s original value and the type of landscaping. With such a high return on investment (ROI), it’s worth it to put a few hundred dollars into curb appeal before selling your home.
For landscaping projects that will guarantee a lofty ROI, consider the following:
- Fix any irrigation issues – If there are any problems with your irrigation system, you don’t want to leave that on the buyer. Irrigation repairs can be costly, but your ROI will be worthwhile in the end.
- Add water features – Outdoor water features are an excellent way to enhance your home without much maintenance. A fountain or waterfall can help future buyers fall in love with your yard.
- Plant large specimen trees – If you don’t already have large trees in your yard, consider planting two to four. These cost more than your average shrub but provide a great ROI.
- Replace your garage door – An upgraded garage door will make a showstopping first impression and give your home a competitive edge. According to Remodeling Magazine, a garage door replacement will cost you upwards of $3,600, but you’ll recoup nearly 98 percent of the cost.
Quick Landscaping Fixes on a Budget
The suggested standard is to invest about 10 percent of your home’s value in landscaping, but what if you don’t have thousands of dollars to spend? Here are some simple landscaping tips that won’t break the bank:
- Add some color – A pop of color goes a long way in making your home look presentable and inviting. You can easily add color by planting flowers, adding a welcome mat to your porch, or painting your front door.
- Spread new mulch – Mulch is a cost-friendly way to spruce up your garden beds. The color will enhance the contrast of the surrounding plants and make everything shine.
- Power wash and clean – Cobwebs and debris immediately diminish the presence of your home. Power wash your exterior to ensure your home looks fresh and well-maintained.
- Prune and trim – Your trees largely contribute to your home’s value, so they should look their best. Prune trees and trim bushes to give them a defined shape and a healthy look.
Sell Your Home Quickly With Joe Homebuyer Utah
Selling your home in a time crunch doesn’t always allow for landscaping updates and maintenance. If you need to sell your home fast, Joe Homebuyer Utah is here to help. We pay cash for houses in the Salt Lake City, Utah.
Are you looking to quickly sell your home? Contact us today for your offer.