Hosting an open house during the COVID-19 pandemic can be nerve-racking, but with proper preparation, it doesn’t have to be.
The pandemic has forced much of the world to change how it operates and real estate is no exception. Fortunately, home sales have continued to rise despite restrictions and guidelines. Keep reading to learn more about how to safely hold an open house as we each do our part to combat the Coronavirus.
Take Precautions and Implement Restrictions
One of the biggest aspects of selling your home is allowing potential buyers to examine it. While we are still experiencing the COVID-19 pandemic, some buyers and sellers might be nervous to tour or host a public open house. Here are a few precautions you can take to ease these worries:
- Require appointments for showings
- Only offer showings to serious, pre-qualified buyers
- Stage your home yourself instead of hiring outside
- Consider only allowing one group to tour your home at a time
- Limit the open house to adults only
- Limit the number of surfaces people have to touch by opening doors, turning on lights, opening blinds, etc.
- Disinfect high-touch areas in between showings
- Place hand sanitizer throughout the home
- Be aware of any current restrictions in your state
We’ve all had to rely on technology more than ever since the beginning of the pandemic and real estate poses no exception. Utilize these newfound skills to keep your open house safe and accessible to everyone. Here are a few ways you can use technology to help you sell your home during this unprecedented time:
- Market your home online through social media and real estate websites
- Pre-record a virtual home tour that you can upload online
- Hold a virtual open house
- Offer one-on-one live streams
- Utilize email, video chat, or phone calls to make negotiations or hold meetings
- Sign documents and work with professionals electronically
Prepare Essential COVID-19 Supplies
If you decide to hold an in-person open house, having the following COVID-19 supplies on hand can help you mitigate the risks of the disease:
- Hand sanitizer
- Disinfecting wipes
- Disposable gloves
- Disposable shoe covers
- Disinfectant spray
Don’t Be Afraid to Sell Your Home During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Despite the circumstances surrounding the current pandemic, home sales in Utah continue to skyrocket. Job changes happen, families grow, and everyone still needs a place to live, so people are readily buying and selling. House prices are still on the rise, but interest rates have sat at historic lows. This means that you might be able to make a high profit on your current home and reduce your next home’s mortgage payment simultaneously.
Sell Your House Fast with Joe Homebuyer Utah
If you want to skip the stress of hosting an open house, working with Joe Homebuyer Utah is the way to go. We buy houses in Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas, including Murray, Midvale, West Jordan, Sandy, Draper, and more throughout Utah. Regardless of the price or condition, we would love to work with you on making a quick sale of your home. Contact us for your fair, all-cash offer today!